Monday, August 30, 2010

Russian Film : Aleksei Balabanov's Voyna (War)


I watched this film last week by chance on TV. I didn't know about it before and from start it seem to be interesting. Film tells about an interesting story with well describing scenes of war between Russia and Chechnya.

The subject of film is the war in Chechnya. The hostage-taking drama of some English and Russian people, and the struggle of them to run away from Chechens. The film is interesting to understand the conditions in Chechnya, real Russian life style. How rude Chechens can be, hard life there and Russian military life.

I can say this is one of the best Russian films I watched, that effected me. After this film, I have a different image of Russia on my mind about Caucasus. I suggest to watch this film who is interested in Russia.

No comments: